A SUPER-strict headteacher who banned pupils from wearing fake tan, false eyelashes and heavy make-up has been found dead aged 37.
Dad-of-two Gary Vyse's body was found at his three-bed semi-detached home in Rochester, Kent on Monday night.
Known for his no-nonsense approach to discipline, he hit headlines in 2016 after banning pupils from wearing make-up at the Hundred Of Hoo Academy in Kent - saying school wasn’t a “fashion parade.”
In just three years, he became chief executive of six schools across Kent and was considered one of the most influential educational leaders in the area.
But he suffered a fall from grace two years ago after crashing his £45,000 BMW 428i while twice the drink-drive limit.
He was banned from the road for 18 months and ordered to pay £1,455.
At the time, some parents called for him to stand down.
In response, he said: “That the moment of recklessness caused great embarrassment for me.”
Paying tribute to the 37-year-old today, colleagues hailed him a "leading light" in the teaching community.
Michael Costello, chair of The Williamson Trust, said: "It is with great sadness that I announce the death of Gary Vyse.
"Mr Vyse passed away at home..
"We are all shocked and saddened by the loss of such a strong and influential leader. `
“Gary was an extraordinary individual with a passion for education, and a real drive to do the best for the Trust, its staff and its students.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with Gary's family and friends."
Councillor Andrew Mackness, of Medway Council, said: "I am deeply shocked and saddened.
"Gary had been a leading light in driving real improvement in education. Ex-pupil Corrine Simmons said: "He was honestly one of the best mentors and teachers I ever had.”
The cause of Mr Vyse's death has not yet been confirmed but cops are not treating it as suspicious.
One neighbour said: "There was a lot of police there, plus there was a couple of women waiting outside the house.
"He has not been here for that long, maybe 18 months. I had seen him a few times but did not see that much of him. It's a very sad thing for him and his family, he was a young man really."
Paramedics and police were called to his £350,000 home at around 9.30pm on Monday night.
A Kent Police spokesman said: “Officers attended along with South East Coast Ambulance Service and a man was declared deceased.
“The death is not being treated as suspicious."